“Achieving Healthy Growth through Agriculture and Nutrition” the first initiative under ‘Grand Challenges India’ program with funding support from DBT, BMGF, and the USAID. The awards were announced on BIRAC IInd Foundation Day, 20th March 2014, by Prof. K. Vijay Raghavan, Secretary DBT & Chairman, BIRAC.
The details of proposals selected are mention below:
1. Digital technology enabled and community driven integrated agriculture and Nutrition Intervention to promote Maternal and child nutrition in Odisha. Principal Applicant: Digital Green; in collaboration with – VARRAT, LSHTM, SPRING, TCI, DCOR (Interventional Development Grant)
2. Designing on farm participatory models of integrated Farming system for enhancement of house hold diet diversity and livelihood of women small holder farmers. Principal Applicant: Annamalai University; (Solely) (Interventional Development Grant)
3. Veggie Lite – Conjunction of agriculture, nutrition and health for inclusive development of women. Principal Applicant: EKutir Rural management services private limited; In collaboration with – Wholesome Wave, Mc Gill Univ. (Seed Grant)
4. Ensure year wise nutritional food security to Indian Women through community level implementation of Domestic Solar Conduction dryer. Science for Society (Solely) (Seed Grant)
5. Novel approach to reduce zinc malnutrition in rural women and children through agronomic bio-fortification of food crops. Amity University, Noida (Solely) (Seed Grant)
© 2018 B I R A C