To Facilitate Academia-Industry Interaction
CRS applies innovation as a coherent plan to deliver academic capabilities of translational research towards product development. It aims to enable validation of academia research that has commercialisation potential and to engage the contract research and manufacturing (CRAMS) industry to carry out the validation of a process or a prototype.
Features of CRS:
- Academia having an established lead as evident by scientific data ready for validation engages the industry in contract research mode
- Funding is in the form of grant is given to both the academic as well as industrial partners. While funding is provided to the academia for In-House research which forms a part of validation of the Proof of Concept, funds are provided to the industrial partner for validation
- Although the IP rights reside with the academia, the industry partner has first right of refusal for commercial exploitation of the New IP
- BIRAC facilitates FTO search, IP management, and preparation of Material Transfer Agreement (MTA) Memorandum of Understanding, (MOU), Non-Disclosure and IP protection contracts and licensing agreements as well as technology transfer for the academia.
Who can apply?
Academia* has to be the Primary Applicant with one or more partners of which at least one is a company** having DSIR** recognized in-house R&D unit. The proposers if so required can opt for additional partners from another Industry and/or academia
- Public/Private universities and research institutions having a well-established support system for basic and/or applied research with registration/recognition from a statutory body are eligible.
- An Indian Company is defined as one which is registered under the Indian Companies Act, 2013 and minimum 51% of the shares of the Company should be held by Indian Citizens holding Indian passport (Indian Citizens do not include Person of Indian Origin (PIO) and Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI) holders
- The companies in the process of obtaining DSIR recognition may also apply along with the proof of application to DSIR. However, the final decision on such applications would be subject to their getting DSIR recognition
CRS Project Funding:
Up till now, under 7 calls, 181 proposals have been received, having 198 Academia and 193 Industries partners. 17 have been approved for funding and 13 contracts has been signed under the CRS scheme. Grant money amounting to 3074 lakhs) has been approved and 1863 Lakhs has been released
Call for proposals
There are two call for proposals in a year :
- 1st February – 15th March
- 1st August – 15th September
For Contract Services there should be a clear justification for services to be outsourced.
(I) GLA Template Inst+Inst+company
(II)GLA Template Inst+Company