BIRAC has collaborated with Wellcome Trust, a global charity organization of UK, to scout and support innovations in translational medicine. The objective of this initiative is to fund translational research projects to deliver safe and effective healthcare products for India at affordable costs though collaborative research.
The first call was launched on March 19th 2014 with a theme “Diagnostics for Infectious Diseases”.
Two projects got awarded
- “High sensitivity multiplex point-of-care assay system for the detection of blood borne infections in emergency settings.” from THSTI-Designinnova-University of Turku-Kaviogen
- “A benchside molecular assay for detection of carbapenem resistant gram negative bacteria” from NIMS & Vitas Pharma Pvt Ltd.
Useful Resources :
- Guidance Notes for preliminary application click here
- Preliminary Application Form click here
- Funding Agreement - to be provided
- BIRAC WT Preliminary Application Notification click here
- FULL Application format click here
- Full Application Guidance Notes click here