Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council
(A Government of India Enterprise)
The programme has been initiated to support biotechnological product/ technology development by strengthening R&D capabilities of start-ups/companies/ LLPs
The programme provides impetus for pulling the translational ideas past PoC and taking them further along the innovation chain for validation, scale-up, demonstration and pre-commercialization of products and technologies
* Supports development and initial validation of new products and technologies
* The end point of proposed study should be TRL6 and below.
* 100% grant form BIRAC to primary + collaborating company (if any)upto 50 lakhs.
* For projects more than Rs. 50 lakhs, BIRAC grant would be Rs.50 lakhs + 50% of the cost exceeding Rs.50 lakhs.
* Supports validation,demonstration and pre-commercialization of product and technologies.
* The end point of proposed study should be TRL7 or above.
* Irrespected of the amount,BIRAC contribution to the total project cost will not exceed 50%
* No ceiling with regard to overall project cost.
* The entire cost to the collaborating academic institution(if any),would be borne by BIRAC.
* Single or consortia of Indian company(ies)(registered under the Indian Companies Act,2013) or Limited Liability Partnership(incorporated under the Limited Liability Partnership Act,2008) with/without an academic partner are eligible to apply.
* Royality will be admissible as per BIRAC guidelines