The surge of innovation-led bio-entrepreneurship across India has laid the foundations of a biotech startup nation and it is imperative to build on this towards amplifying entrepreneurship related activities, which can bridge the identified gaps such as:
- Expanding entrepreneurship related awareness in colleges, universities and research institutions
- Provide focused mentorship to start ups and entrepreneurial individuals including academics
- Provide access to networks
With an aim to foster and facilitate bio-entrepreneurship including imparting bio-entrepreneurs necessary knowledge and skills for transforming innovative biotech ideas into successful & sustainable ventures, which create national and global impact, BIRAC has partnered with C-CAMP to set up BIRAC Regional Entrepreneurship Centre (BREC).
Objectives of this centre are as follows:
- Create and inculcate a spirit of bio-entrepreneurship
- Facilitate and catalyze the journey of biotech ideas of bio-entrepreneurs towards commercialization
- Enable and empower bio-entrepreneurs through business and technology advice and mentorship covering all aspects of business- financial, legal, IP, business model & planning, market understanding.
Kick start meeting for BREC was held on 23rd February, 2017 at BIRAC Office, New Delhi.
Activities/programmes organized under BREC will be announced on the website.