Support for discovery, proof-of-concept and early stage innovations, R&D aimed at affordable product development.
* To nurture and mentor innovative and emerging technologies/ entrepreneurs, to assist new enterprises to forge appropriate linkages with academia and government.
* To create opportunities for starting new technology-based or knowledge-based businesses by science entrepreneurs
* To stimulate technological innovations
An Advanced Technology Scheme for high risk,transformational technology/ process development from proof-of-concept to validation leading to high value product commercialization
• Support new and futuristic technology development with major social bearing but uncertain market driven demand
• Support start-ups, SME’s and other Biotech companies on cost sharing basis
The proposals can be submitted
1. Solely by a Company incorporated under the Companies Act, 2013 or
2. Limited Liability Partnership (LLP) incorporated under the Limited Liability Partnership Act, 2008 or
3. Joint Ventures either in the form of Company/ LLP by any of the above entities jointly with other private or public partner(s) (Universities or Institutes
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR INDUSTRY
* Minimum 51% of the shares of the Company should be held by Indian Citizens holding Indian passport (Indian Citizens do not include Person of Indian Origin (PIO) and Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI) holders)
* Minimum half of the persons who subscribed their names to the LLP document as its Partners should be Indian citizens.
* Participating companies should have adequate in-house facility to address the project implementation aspects (which shall be evaluated during the site visit) OR Incubated with any of the recognized Incubation Facility.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR ACADEMIC COLLABORATOR
* Public/private university/colleges in India
* National research laboratories
* Not-for-profit private research labs/societies/foundation
Proposals for the Scheme is required to be submitted online only. To submit a proposal online, please log on to the BIRAC website (www.birac.nic.in).
No Hard Copy to be submitted. Proposals submitted online only would be considered.
Last date for Submission of Proposals : 31st July 2022( 5:30 p.m.)
Details of the scheme including eligibility requirements, categories for proposal submission; guidelines for support as grant and loan; agreement templates etc. are available at www.birac.nic.in
Announcement Date: 15-06-2022
Last Submission Date: 31-07-2022 05:30 PM