Application are invited from qualified and experienced candidates for the position of Consultant Legal (CL-01).
1. About the Mission:
The National Biopharma Mission is an Industry-Academia Collaborative Mission of Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt. of India for Accelerating Early Development for Biopharmaceuticals; to be implemented by Biotechnology Research Assistance Council (BIRAC)-a Public Sector Undertaking of DBT
Approved by the Government for implementation at a total cost US$ 250 million the Mission is co-funded 50% with World Bank loan assistance.
The Mission Programme is a Pan-India Programme with the main aim of making India a hub for design and development of novel, affordable and effective biopharmaceutical products and solutions. This Program would aidin enhancing India’s innovation research and product development capabilities, especially by focusing on development of vaccines, biologics and medical devices for combating public health concerns. The Program would aid academic researchers (through enhancing their translation capability); empower bio-entrepreneurs and SMEs (by decreased cost and risk during early stages of product development) and the industry (by elevating their innovation quotient). Anticipated long term impact would benefit the Indian population at large benefit due to availability of affordable solutions and products relevant to Indian health needs.
More details about the Mission Programme can be seen at BIRAC
2. About the Implementation Agency:
Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC) a Public Sector Undertaking of the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, and Government of India has been entrusted the responsibility of implementing this Program. It will house the Program Management Unit (PMU) that would work as an operational and functional arm to oversee and monitor program implementation.
3. Job Descriptions
3.1 Consultant Legal (CL-01)
The Consultant (Legal) will work directly with the Legal team in BIRAC and will be responsible for providing Legal Advisory services and ensuring effective management of legal and contractual risks for PMU, NBM in BIRAC.
1. Key responsibilities:
- Identify risk exposure and advise the management on contractual obligation and risks.
- Provide legal guidance for ongoing programmes.
- Provide legal protection and risk management advice to management especially on contract management.
- Act or plead on behalf of PMU, NBM in BIRAC in a Court of Law as Advocate.
- Manage the legal due diligence process and reviews the diligence reports.
- Review and advise management as legal implications of internal policies and procedures.
- Review and draft contracts, agreements and internal policies and ensure that they are in compliance will all statutory or legal requirements.
- Prepare, review and modify contractual instruments to assist and support various PMU, NBM activities.
- Facilitate formulation and execution of agreements and contracts for industry research, funding and licensing.
- Attend meetings as Legal Member in various Committees of PMU, NBM BIRAC.
2. Essential qualifications:
- LLB from a recognized institution.
- Good knowledge of contractual obligations, and various legal provisions regarding contracts and agreement.
- Good knowledge of statutory and legal requirements of a funding organization.
- Good knowledge of the legal requirements of government organizations.
3. Desirable qualifications:
- LLM from a recognized institute.
- Certificate / Diploma / PG Diploma in Intellectual Property Rights.
4. Experience: Minimum 2-4 years of experience as Legal practitioner or Legal Advisor in any reputed organization.
5. Age Limit: 40 years as on closing date of application.
6. Salary: Consolidated remuneration Rs 65,000 (fixed).
The above positions is initially for 1 year contract extendable on year to year basis.The candidate selected shall be kept on probation for a period of three months.
Last Date of Application is 22 July 2019
Notwithstanding anything contained herein or elsewhere; the decisions taken by BIRAC shall be binding upon all concerned.