Application are invited from qualified and experienced candidates for the position of Senior Program Officer / Program Officer (Environment and Safety) (PO-01).
1. About the Mission:
The National Biopharma Mission is an Industry-Academia Collaborative Mission of Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt. of India for Accelerating Early Development for Biopharmaceuticals; to be implemented by Biotechnology Research Assistance Council (BIRAC)-a Public Sector Undertaking of DBT
Approved by the Government for implementation at a total cost US$ 250 million the Mission is co-funded 50% with World Bank loan assistance.
The Mission Programme is a Pan-India Programme with the main aim of making India a hub for design and development of novel, affordable and effective biopharmaceutical products and solutions. This Program would aid in enhancing India’s innovation research and product development capabilities, especially by focusing on development of vaccines, biologics and medical devices for combating public health concerns. The Program would aid academic researchers (through enhancing their translation capability); empower bio-entrepreneurs and SMEs (by decreased cost and risk during early stages of product development) and the industry (by elevating their innovation quotient). Anticipated long term impact would benefit the Indian population at large benefit due to availability of affordable solutions and products relevant to Indian health needs.
More details about the Mission Programme can be seen at website BIRAC (Mission Document)
2. About the Implementation Agency:
Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC) a Public Sector Undertaking of the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, and Government of India has been entrusted the responsibility of implementing this Program. It will house the Program Management Unit (PMU) that would work as an operational and functional arm to oversee and monitor program implementation.
3. Job Descriptions
3.1 Senior Program Officer / Program Officer (Environment and Safety) (PO-01, Vacancy-01)
Position Summary & Responsibilities
The Program officer (PO) will serve in the Program Management Unit for i3 program at BIRAC. Reporting to Program Manager, PMU the officer will get opportunity to identify, asses, monitor, and evaluate compliance to the Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental aspects
generally associated with various components of the Programme. The officer will ensure that the consolidated framework on the Product development and Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental requirements as relevant for the Programme components including the World Bank Safety and Environmental Safeguards are in place during the project implementation.
Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
• Analysis of environmental and health risks issues that are associated with the proposals funded under National Biopharma Mission. The analysis will be done for areas related to General Occupation health and safety, Biomedical waste management, Hazardous Waste, E-waste and batteries etc
• Ensure all environment related regulatory clearances required for all for safety and environment evaluation and assessment of proposal.
• Working with Legal and Environment expert to get all necessary Project risk management plans, environment and safety risk management plan and Agreements ready for the grantees funded under the National Biopharma mission
• Coordination and administration of all environment and safety aspects of new and ongoing projects.
• The Program officer must also bring in passion, humility, and critical thinking for the unique problems and the questions relevant to the mission.
• To work and communicate with grantees and key stakeholders including members of Technical Advisory Groups, BIRAC, DBT, environment experts and World Bank.
Qualifications and Experience
• MSc Environment Biotechnology or Environmental Engineering.
• Diploma in safety aspects
• One-year experience in Environmental Management and safety aspects
• 02-04 years of Work experience. Candidate with good knowledge of Environmental Legislations and Rules will be preferred.
Age Limit – 35 years as on the date of closing of applications.
Salary: Consolidated remuneration between Rs 60,000 and Rs 75,000 per month.
The above position is on a 3 years contract period extendable till the length of the Program duration based on performance. The candidate selected shall be kept on probation for a period of three months.
Last Date of Application is 28 October, 2019