*The last date of proposal submission extended till 31st January 2024, 4:00 p.m.
As India strive towards the elimination of tuberculosis from country as set-forth by Government of India in ‘National Strategic plan for Tuberculosis: 2017-25 Elimination by 2025, an accelerated involvement of all responsible stakeholders is required to implement commensurate actions to achieve this ambitious goal. Recognising this challenge, Grand Challenges India (GCI) under the ambit of DBT- Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC) and Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF) are launching a program on ‘Cachexia Tuberculosis (TB)’. The program intends to promote and support consortia-based proposals to address the neglected, yet critical unresolved research questions in cachexia TB.
KEY FEATURES OF THE CALL
Cachexia in tuberculosis is an important health concern and the purpose of this call is to boost collaborative multidisciplinary research efforts across a spectrum of gap areas. The key features of this call are:
* Collaborative research interests that combine complementary and synergistic research strengths as per the scope of call
* Consortia-based proposals utilising multi-disciplinary approach to undertake systematic research and innovative studies to address the basic gaps in knowledge and evidence, assessing the burden and identifying the innovative solutions to address unresolved questions
* A lucrative funding opportunity subject to the strength and scientific merits of the proposal
WHO CAN APPLY?
This RFA is India-led and consortia-based proposals are solicited from Indian nationals having good scientific record and working within the country in established academics, research institutions, medical research institutions, Indian companies, not-for-profit organizations, trusts, foundations.
Please read the following carefully to understand the category you will be applying under and the documentation that may be requested should your proposal be selected for further financial due diligence. This call is open to:
* In case of the applicant being an Indian academic scientist, researchers and Ph.D students (citizen of India) who must be willing to incubate at a recognized incubator submit a letter of intent for same.
* Indian institution/ universities/ public research organization: Academic institutions established in India and having NAAC/ UGC/ AICTE or any equivalent recognition certificate or any other Public/Government supported organization; Non-profit organizations/ Government entities/ Institutes/ R&D Organizations will include Academic Research Institutes, Universities, Research Foundation, Medical Colleges and Institutes – both public and private who are valid legal entities such as Trust, Society or established under central or state statute.
* An Indian Company is defined as one which is registered under the Indian Companies Act, 2013 and minimum 51% of the shares of the Company should be held by Indian Citizens holding Indian passport [Indian Citizens do not include Person of Indian Origin (PIO) and Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI) holders].
* Limited Liability Partnership (LLP) incorporated under the Limited Liability Partnership Act, 2008 having a minimum half of the persons who subscribed their names to the LLP document as its Partners should be Indian citizens [Indian Citizens do not include Person of Indian Origin (PIO) and Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI) holders].
* Society/ Trust/ NGO/ Foundation/ Association established in India under the relevant Indian Law having at least half of the stakeholders (partners/ trustees/ members/ associates etc.) as Indians.
Note: The evaluation of eligibility shall be based on the status of documents as on the closing date of the call.
Through national and international collaboration, we expect that sharing experimental methods, data, and resources will ultimately improve the ability to compare and validate local research findings and to develop interventions and products that can have impact at a greater scale.
HOW TO APPLY?
Applications are required to be submitted online only. For scheme details and submission of application, please log on to BIRAC website (www.birac.nic.in).
For queries, please contact:
Mission Director, Grand Challenges India, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Program Manager, Grand Challenges India, Email: email@example.com
ANNOUNCEMENT DATE | LAST SUBMISSION DATE
28 November 2023
Last Submission Date
Extended Till 31st January 2024, 1600 hrs IST